Homerton Baptist Church Photo
Homerton Baptist Church

The History of Homerton Baptist Church

Introduction | Previous | Next | Lastest

1939-1962

The records were well kept during this period by Mr H.W. Crispin and later his brother Mr F.L. Crispin as faithful members of the church.  The records were kept in a book/ledger.  These records have been located during the redevelopment preperation in 2016, and are currently being investigated.  It is known that there was no Pastor during this time.  The deacon's lead the church with itinerant ministers preaching.  This continued to be the case until 1962.

The church continued to meet in Homerton Row Chapel, and in 1962 a plot of land in Barnabas Road was obtained due to local authority and NHS development of the area in Homerton Row.

Homerton Row Baptist Chapel